Today’s tutorial is another one from a couple years back that was featured on my other blog, niecynotes. I made a cute jewelry holder inspired by Ann Marie from White House Black Shutters. Of course, I added my own spin to it, so let’s go! 😎
What You’ll Need:
- corkboard (I got a pack of 4 from CVS)
- old jeans or denim fabric
- sharp scissors
- iron/iron board or really flat surface (some use the floor…tomato, tomata)
- any color ribbon (I chose 1-inch thick and doubled it for sturdiness)
- stapler with plenty of staples
- push pins
- wall hangers of some sort – the metal kind are much sturdier
What to Do:
- Take jeans, lay them out flat and grab those scissors. Cut the jeans legs off horizontally (it could be mid-thigh).
- Plug in iron (in safe place). You’re going to need it soon.
- Grab one jean leg at a time and cut at the seam. Open into a big rectangle. Do this for other leg.
- Get the iron, lay one of the jean legs flat on the iron board and iron until all wrinkles are out. Do same for other leg and set aside.
- Don’t forget to turn that iron off!!
- Measure one piece of denim around one corkboard square. Fold around, making sure it is flat and form-fitting to the board.
- Grab the scissors again and cut about 12-15 inches of ribbon. Fold the ribbon to double it.
- Staple the ribbon inside of a fold of fabric on the back of the board. Continue stapling the fabric down on the back, keeping sure everything is flat.
- Hammer or stick on the wall hanger on a wall. Hang jewelry holder on to test.
- Once satisfied, tack on push pins and hang your jewelry!
Wasn’t that cool? Come back every Teach Me Tuesday for another DIY project!